Welcome to the Assessor’s Website!
This site will provide you with important information, forms, and deadlines pertaining to the assessment process.
Here’s what’s happening:
- Form OTC 926 NOTICE OF INCREASE IN VALUATION OF REAL PROPERTY should be mailed out by the end of March, 2023. If you receive this notice, remember you have an additional 30-days to apply for all exemptions available through the Assessor’s Office.
- Personal Property Renditions for Business were mailed January 2023.
- Applications for Homestead Exemption were mailed January 2023.
- All applications and exemptions must be submitted and postmarked by March 15th, 2023. If you receive Form OTC 926 NOTICE OF INCREASE IN VALUATION OF REAL PROPERTY, there is an additional 30-days to apply for exemptions.
- The Assessor’s Office continues to earn high scores on our Performance Audits.
Canadian County is the fastest-growing county in the state and one of the fastest-growing nationally. You can find more information about Canadian County by viewing our newest web tool, “Community”. With this incredible growth come challenges. The Oklahoma Constitution and Statutes require a property to be valued at a fair cash or market value (the amount for which it would likely sell in the open market). The primary function of the Assessor’s Office is to establish this value for all real and personal property throughout the county. Furthermore, I believe this process should be equitable, efficient, and consistent. I look forward to addressing your questions and concerns, and I am excited to serve you as Canadian County Assessor!