Click to Home
Go To Search
Click to Home
Email pagePrint page
Marriage License
Tina Kara
Court Clerk Deputy

Judicial Building
301 N. Choctaw
El Reno, OK  73036

Ph: (405) 295-6160

Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Marriage: If you want to be married by a judge you MUST make an appointment with the bailiff before coming to the court house.  We do NOT take Walk-ins.  Please call 405-295-6160

Age 18 or older:
Proof of age is required. Please bring in one of the following: a valid State or Government issued ID, Visa, or a passport.

Age 16-17:
Parental consent is required: One parent or legal guardian of the 16-17 year old must be present. Parent, if divorced, MUST show proof they are the custodial parent (court filed divorce decree or temporary custody order) and provide a valid picture ID. Legal guardian MUST show Letters of Guardianship and provide a valid picture ID.  Birth certificate and picture ID are required for the minors. Anyone under age 16 is not permitted to get married without a court order. 

Foreign IDs
When applying for a marriage license using a driver's license, ID or passport issued outside the United States, a Birth Certificate translated into English must also be presented.  A translated birth certificate may be obtained from Language International Group, LLC at 509 SW 25th Street, Oklahoma City 73109.  Telephone number is 405-632-7877.

Persons divorced in Oklahoma may not marry anyone other than their previous spouse for a period of six months after the divorce decree is filed.

No residency requirements. However, when applying for your marriage license you must do so no more than ten (10) days before the ceremony (unless the ceremony is with a Judge at the Court House).  The completed marriage license must be returned to the Court Clerk's Office within 5 days from the performance of marriage by minister.

$50.00 license fee (cash or card, no checks) or $5.00 (cash or card, no checks) if premarital counseling is completed. The reduced fee shall apply upon presentation to the court clerk of an original certificate of successful completion of a premarital counseling program. The certificate MUST be an original certificate or letter on letterhead, and shall state that the named persons have successfully completed the premarital counseling requirements within the last 6 months. The premarital counseling program must be conducted in accordance with Oklahoma State 43 O.S. 5.1.


If you have a judge’s ceremony you will need to pay an additional $10.00 cash fee for judge’s services.

To make an appointment with a judge, please call the judge’s secretary/bailiff (write down the name of the judge) to set an appointment. Give this information to the marriage license deputy clerk on arrival at the courthouse. Arrive at the courthouse at least 30 minutes before your appointment so we may issue the marriage license to you before you go before the judge to be married.

Waiting Period:
No waiting period required except for those under the age of 18. If under age 18, there is a 72 hour waiting period. You must apply for your license and come back after 72 hours to obtain the license.

***For more information contact the Marriage Clerk at (405) 295-6160***

Canadian County • 201 N. Choctaw Ave. • El Reno, OK 73036 • Phone: (405) 295-6000 • Fax: (405) 422-2429
Home Home  |  Email Page Email Page  | Print Page Print  |  Calendar  |  FAQs  |  Contact Us  |  Accessibility  |  Site Map |  Renewable Energy Windpowered | Powered by CivicPlus  | Copyright Notices