Jury Bulletin Board
PLEASE READ YOUR ENTIRE SUMMONS
ABOUT JURY SERVICE
EMAIL JURY CLERK
(QUESTIONS, REQUEST FOR EXCUSAL/DISQUALIFICATION, SUBMIT DOCUMENTS)
TIPS FOR JURORS
The Report Date on Your Summons – is for EXCUSAL Date only
If you need to be excused for your ENTIRE JURY TERM then, YES you need to appear to speak with the Judge to explain "why" you are unable to serve during the "ON CALL" dates of your jury term.
You are NOT required to COME IN AUGUST 16, 2023 if you have registered and understand you are "ON CALL" for the jury term dates.
IF YOU ARE NEEDING TO BE EXCUSED FOR THE ENTIRE JURY TERM, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR REQUEST VIA EMAIL PRIOR TO AUGUST 16, 2023. THERE WILL NOT BE AN IN PERSON EXCUSAL DOCKET.
SUMMONS HAS EXCUSAL DOCKET DATE OF: AUGUST 16, 2023 at 9:00 am
THE LENGTH of your "ON CALL" JURY TERM are possible dates you may be called to serve on a jury trial case:
- JANUARY 8-12
- FEBRUARY 5-9
- MARCH 4-8
Typically, we usually notify you 4 to 7 days prior to the date you need to appear.
If you are selected to come in, the Judge would announce how many days are anticipated (1 day, 2 days, etc) for the case you were assigned.
You will either receive an email and/or an automated voicemail if you are actually selected to come in for jury service during your jury term. It would also inform you of the location, EITHER: the 7905 E Highway 66, Gary Miller Juvenile Justice Center OR 301 N Choctaw, Judicial Building.
TO REQUEST EXCUSAL or DISQUALIFICATION
PRIOR to the DATE on your summons
You need to submit the request within 5 days of receiving your summons either online AND submit documentation by email: or you may walk/mail documentation in at 301 N Choctaw, P.O. Box 730, El Reno, OK, 73036
• If you request an exemption based on extreme financial hardship, submit:
a written request by email OR online when registering.
• If you request an exemption based on illness or disability:
provide a letter from your doctor.
• If you are not a citizen of the United States:
provide a copy of your alien registration card.
• If you request an exemption based on being a full-time student, submit:
your student ID AND class schedule.
• If you notifying the court of disqualification due to being a convicted felon:
email or call with your information.
TO BE EXCUSED FROM BEING “ON CALL”
FOR YOUR JURY TERM DATES
(i.e. business trip, surgery, vacation, etc)
- The Jury Clerk can assist with an EXCUSAL up to a 2 week period only.
- YOU MUST NOTIFY THE JURY CLERK OFTHE DATES YOU NEED TO BE BLOCKED from BEFORE you are SELECTED.
- You may need to provide documentation.
- IF YOU FAIL TO REQUEST AN EXCUSAL and are selected to be a juror, then ONLY the Judge you are assigned can excuse you or you can be held in contempt of court.
If you need to be EXCUSED for more than 2 weeks, you need Judges’ approval.
If you have questions, please call or email.
Phone: 405-295-6161 or 405-295-6159
Email the Jury Clerk
You are "on-call" if a jury case is set & you are selected...
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO REPORT IN PERSON ONLY IF your service is needed.
You are notified by email and/or automated voicemail, generally 4 to 7 days prior, along with the date, time and location you are to report for jury service.
The Judge will announce the length (1 day, 2 days, etc.) of the trial you are assigned.
You would be asked to reply to the email or call the Jury Clerk to acknowledge when and where to appear.
The Jury Clerk will attempt to keep everyone informed throughout this process via email.
Important Procedures and Guidelines
PLEASE REPORT TO THE JURY CLERK FROM THE COURT CLERK’S OFFICE ON THE SECOND FLOOR OF THE JUDICIAL BUILDING TO SIGN IN. IF YOU ARE REQUIRED TO REPORT TO THE GARY E. MILLER CHILDREN’S JUVENILE JUSTICE CENTER, YOU WILL SIGN IN AT THE COURT CLERK’S OFFICE LOCATED THERE. You are paid $20.00 for each day of service and the current statutory rate for mileage each time you come to the Judicial Building for jury duty.
If you have any questions, please call (405)295-6261.
We appreciate your service to the court and your community.
Canadian County Court Clerk
Tips for Jurors
- Entry to the Judicial Building is accessible only on the South Side. There is parking on the North side of Judicial Building and around other public offices such as DHS, Assessor’s Building, and Sheriff’s Office.
- The Judicial Building is equipped with a metal detector. Prohibited items include weapons of any kind; knives of any size; chemical sprays; laser pointers; firearms and ammunition. Canadian County Sheriff’s Department may also prohibit possession of any other items or materials deemed dangerous or otherwise inappropriate. All jurors will have purses and briefcases scanned. This security is for your well being during your jury service.
- Handicapped parking is available on the south side of the Judicial Building.
- You may want to bring a jacket. Courtrooms are cold.
- Electronic devices are prohibited.
- Drinks with lids are allowed.
- Food is prohibited.
- Appropriate dress is required. I.E. No shorts, tank tops, flip flops or shirts with inappropriate language.
- Be punctual.
Warning – Financial Scam in this Area
Criminals are calling unsuspecting victims in the Canadian County area. They are claiming the victim failed to appear for jury duty. The caller identifies as a member of the Sheriff’s Office and threatens to arrest the victim unless they procure a large sum of money and meet them at the Sheriff’s Office to pay their fine for failure to appear.
When the victims are on their way to the Sheriff’s Office with the money the caller offers to save them a trip to Sheriff’s Office if the victim will provide them with the money card account information. Once the victim provides the caller with their card information, the money is immediately withdrawn and is forever gone.
DO NOT PURCHASE any of kind of money card with the intent to pay any alleged financial obligation dealing with the Sheriff’s Office. Call the Canadian County Sheriff’s Office immediately at 405-262-3434 if you are contacted in this way.
Restaurants – El Reno
1545 SW 27th Street
Phone: (405) 262-6000
300 S Choctaw Avenue
Phone: (405) 262-7757
2201 S Country Club Road
Phone: (405) 262-9060
1621 E US Highway 66
Phone: (405) 262-2112
2424 S Country Club
Phone: (405) 262-7500
1516 SW 27th Street
Phone: (405) 262-4903
2300 S Country Club Road
Phone: (405) 422-2088
1703 Investor's Avenue
Phone: (405) 262-7888
Marilu's Cafe and Restaurant
210 S Rock Island Avenue
Phone: (405) 225-3238
Chelino's Mexican Restaurant
1637 E Highway 66
Phone: (405) 345-8034
301 S Rock Island Avenue
Phone: (405) 262-4721
Pecina's Mexican Restaurant
316 S Choctaw
Phone: (405) 262-1909
1120 Sunset Drive
Phone: (405) 262-3171
300 S Bickford Avenue
Phone: (405) 262-1262
2250 S Country Club Road
Phone: (405) 262-6100
China King Buffet
1629 E U.S. Highway 66
Phone: (405) 262-6888
1308 S Choctaw Avenue
Phone: (405) 422-3200
1607 Investors Avenue
Phone: (405) 262-1645
207 S Rock Island Avenue
Phone: (405) 295-2375
Little Caesars’ Pizza
1540 SW 27th Street
Phone: (405) 262-7200
1629 B . Highway 66
Phone: (405) 413-7333
2417 S Country Club Road
Phone: (405) 262-5111
2500 S Country Club Road
Phone: (405) 262-0601
1317 S Choctaw Ave
Phone: (405) 422-3333
1609 SW 27th Street
Phone: (405) 422-1100
3101 Territory Lane
Phone: (405) 273-8005