Civil Division-Civil Jury, Civil Special and Civil
The Civil Division consists of Civil Jury (CJ) filings ($10,000.00 and above), Civil Special (CS) filings ($10,000.00 and under), and Civil (CV) filings (Name Changes, Driver’s License Appeals, Administrative Appeals, Quiet Titles, Injunctions, etc).
Civil Jury: $229.64
Civil Special: $216.64
SUMMONS FEE: $10.00 per defendant
Questions regarding Sheriff’s Sales can be answered by accessing the Canadian County Sheriff’s website and clicking on the link to the Sheriff’s Sales or by contacting the Sheriff’s office.
Oklahoma is a non-form state, therefore, forms are not available in the Court Clerk’s office for any of the filings listed. You must do legal research for the correct documents and statutes for these filings or you must contact an attorney.
Application for Court Ordered Title
Requests for court ordered titles are set by appointment only and may be made by calling (405) 295.6203. There is a filing fee of $151.64 payable to the Court Clerk.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR OBTAINING A COURT ORDER TITLE
1.Purchasers with a notarized bill of sale from the title owner of vehicle
A court order title may be obtained without a hearing if all of the following is presented to the Court:
- An application and proposed order for court ordered title
- The application and order may be obtained from the Canadian County law library located on the second floor of the Judicial Building or from the Canadian County Court Clerk web page at:
- An application or order completed in handwriting must be in printed ink and clearly legible.
- A notarized bill of sale of the vehicle from the person identified by the Oklahoma Tax Commission as the owner of the vehicle.
- A printout from the Oklahoma Tax Commission identifying the ownership/lienholder information on the vehicle.
- The ownership/lienholder information may be obtained by completing Oklahoma Tax Commission Form 769 and submitting the request to a tag agency. This form is available on the Oklahoma Tax Commission web page at:https://oklahoma.gov/content/dam/ok/en/tax/documents/forms/motor-vehicle/general-forms/769.pdf.
- If the vehicle has not been registered in the State of Oklahoma, a vehicle history report from CARFAX or Auto Data Direct may be presented instead.
- The fee for the ownership/lienholder information from the Oklahoma Tax Commission is $1.00. The fee for a vehicle history report from CARFAX is approximately $40.00.
2.Purchasers without a notarized a bill of sale or with a bill of sale other than from the title owner
A court order title may only be obtained after a hearing with notice to the title owner of the vehicle. The procedure for obtaining a court ordered title is as follows:
- File a completed application for court ordered title with the Canadian County Court Clerk and pay a filing fee of $151.64. A hearing date will be provided to you by the court clerk. The hearing date must be at least thirty (30) days from the filing of the application.
- Notice of the hearing and a copy of the application must be provided to the title owner(s) of the vehicle at the last known address by certified mail with return receipt requested.
- Appear at the hearing as set and provide the following to the Court:
- Proof of notice of the hearing.
- A bill of sale and/or other evidence of ownership of the vehicle.
- A recent printout from the Oklahoma Tax Commission identifying the ownership/lienholder information on the vehicle. https://oklahoma.gov/content/dam/ok/en/tax/documents/forms/motor-vehicle/general-forms/769.pdf.
- A proposed order directing the Oklahoma Tax Commission to issue a title to the applicant.
- If the Court approves the application, the signed order must be filed with the court clerk. The court clerk will keep the original documents and provide you with a certified copy of the court order.
All necessary forms (application, court order, and notice) may be obtained from the Canadian County law library located on the second floor of the Judicial Building or from the Canadian County Court Clerk web page at: